Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cynic much?

I became a supporter of Obama after he passionately invoked the audience as "You who have been taught to be cynical, who have been taught to believe change can't really happen -- come join me and let's make change together."

So the previous post is simply symptomatic of the disease of cynicism as a life-long struggle, akin I guess to alcoholism.

(I am off the wagon? On it? How does that work?)

My name is Jamie, and I am a recent cynic. I have lapses sometimes from my normally positive outlook. It is constant work, but I will remember that all is temporary and very possibly a big joke. That's a good thing, in case you are wondering if I just became cynical again. Jeesh.

I will try to be more chipper in the future in these bloggy things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Very possibly a big joke."

So true, so true. That's why we're so incredibly funny. :)