Thursday, June 5, 2008

Iraq Vets Get Screwed Over, part 35467

On March 20, 2008 a Veterans Administration program coordinator sent an e-mail to VA staff.

(I am unable to copy the jpeg of this e-mail so I'll type in the message here:)

"Given that we are having more and more compensation seeking veterans, I'd like to suggest that you refrain from giving a diagnosis of PTSD straight out. Consider a diagnosis of Adjustment Disorder, R/O PTSD.

"Additionally, we really don't have time to do the extensive testing that should be done to determine PTSD."

to see the whole story, go here: http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/31690

I have nothing to say.

1 comment:

Ty said...

You mean "supporting the troops" should be more than just a lapel pin and a bumper sticker? But this is America, where soundbytes and empty rhetoric trump actions.

(Okay, sorry for cluttering your comments with violent agreements. I can't help it, I quit choking up my former message board haunt and need my fix... and I have insomnia.)