Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ohio Senate Bill 9

"... applicants seeking certain state issued licenses, public employment or business contracts must fill out new forms indicating that they have not provided financial assistance or support to a terrorist organization. ... The Declaration ... was created to provide the state with an additional tool to deter and prosecute acts of terrorism within Ohio."

Yes, in fact, I do feel like a tool.

I haven't willingly given any money to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia, the First of October Antifascist Resistance Group, or Global Relief Foundation (to name 3 of the 132 organizations listed). Now can I have my job please?

(Let's see how long it takes to get this blog shut down.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Bush I, Rumsfeld, Gates, and other senior DoD/CIA officials can't get a job with the state of Ohio.

erin said...

You haven't been shut down yet! Yay! :-)