Friday, April 18, 2008

I feel the earth - shake...

I woke up last night to a feeling of trembling. I could hear wind chimes ringing in an odd rhythm. I was flat on my back, hands at my side, and I felt as if someone was holding my arms and shaking me. I was scared -- everything was really quiet, except that wind chime that just sounded strange. I looked at the clock after I calmed down a bit and it was 5:40. I convinced myself I had been dreaming and went back to sleep. Matt got up a little before 7 am, and I heard him rummaging around. I told him about what happened: "I swear there was an earthquake or I had the most vivid dream." Matt gave his usual morning response: "Ugh." Then, about 20 minutes later, the phone rings. I jump to get it because I'm a worry wart. Matt is laughing when I answer the phone -- he couldn't believe it, there was actually an earthquake! Then he got mad that I didn't wake him up. Ha!

I feel oddly happy that I felt it. It was so odd, so earthy.

(Ty and Jaymie: this is my true story contribution to the celebration of Taurivus.)

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

did you feel the aftershock around noon?

Anonymous said...

HA! I love it. Go figure, I move to California, which is known for it's quakey state, and you guys get a pretty big one! Luckies.

Thanks for the contribution. It will be proposed in front of a Taurivus panel, and we will decide if it will be included.

Call me soon!